Lytham St Annes YMCA Football Club are proud to announce that we received the FA Charter Standard ‘Development' Club Award in May 2004, thus putting us at the forefront of raising standards of football in the Lytham St Annes and Fylde area. Only a handful of clubs have achieved the Charter Standard Award in Lancashire so we are very proud to have been successful in our application.
The FA Charter Standard scheme was launched in 2001 and is an accreditation scheme for clubs who meet a set of agreed quality standards. The scheme is designed to raise the quality and safety of football provision and reward best practise. Charter Standard Clubs aim to encourage more people to play football, to develop their skills and to enjoy the game in the right environment. It also demonstrates to parents and children that the club has achieved the required standards of provision as laid down by The Football Association (FA).
The club has in place the following structures:
• A Written Constitution
• A Management Committee
• At least 1 person at every age group has the minimum Coaching Qualification (Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football or the Junior Team Managers
Award) which also includes training in Child Protection and First Aid
• Public Liability Insurance
• All managers, coaches and officials to undertake Criminal Record Checks (CRB) via the FA CRB Unit
• A Designated Child Protection Officer
• Acceptance and Promotion of Codes of Conduct
• Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy
• Commitment to attend in-service training via Lancashire FA
• 3-year Football Development Plan
For more info rmation regarding the FA Charter Standard Scheme please visit the FA website at www.thefa.com
Below is a selection of our club sponsors!